When starting a small business or looking to expand one, it`s important to have legally binding contracts in place to protect yourself and your business. However, hiring a lawyer to draft contracts can be costly, especially for small business owners. Luckily, there are free contract templates available online that can help small business owners save time and money.
Here are some free contract templates that small business owners can use:
1. Employment contract template: This template includes important clauses such as job description, salary, benefits, and termination clauses.
2. Non-disclosure agreement template: This contract is essential for small businesses that deal with confidential information. It includes provisions that prohibit employees or contractors from disclosing confidential information.
3. Independent contractor agreement template: This contract is used to hire contractors who work independently for a company. It includes provisions such as payment terms, scope of work, and confidentiality clauses.
4. Partnership agreement template: This contract is essential for small businesses that are owned by two or more people. It includes provisions such as ownership percentage, profits and losses, management rules, and dispute resolution procedures.
5. Sales agreement template: This template is used for businesses that sell products or services. It includes provisions such as payment terms, delivery terms, warranties, and liability clauses.
It`s important to note that these templates may need to be customized to fit the specific needs of your business. It`s always a good idea to have a lawyer review any contracts before you use them to ensure they are legally sound and will protect you and your business.
Using free contract templates can save small business owners time and money, but it`s important to remember that legal agreements are serious and should be taken seriously. By using these templates as a starting point and working with a lawyer to customize them, small business owners can protect themselves and their business.